Access Community Services provide supported living services for adults and young people with learning and physical difficulties. We provide services to people living in a number of supported tenancies within Sefton and West Lancashire.
Our teams provide support to enable people who have their own tenancies to live as independently as possible.
The services we provide are individually tailored and are designed to build communities and a support framework to enable people to lead active and fulfilling lives.
Our staff are fully trained and qualified to support and assist in such areas as:
- Personal care
- Household tasks
- Travel training
- Accessing healthcare
- Accessing employment opportunities
- Accessing information to promote personal welfare and decision making
- Advocacy, benefits advice, housing advice
- Complaints, procedures and counselling
- Maintaining friendships and relationships
- Increasing social networks
- Using leisure, educational and community facilities
- Learning new things
- Developing new interests
- Taking part in local community events
We work in partnership with regional housing providers to identify and source properties based on individual requirements.
We take referrals from social services and people who have chosen self directed support via individual and personal budgets or direct payments. We can also help you manage your budget in a way that best meets your requirements. We work closely with individuals, families and local authorities to find appropriate ways to support people to maximise opportunities within their budget.
Our support workers will visit at agreed times to meet the service user’s needs. The frequency of these visits are tailored to requirements.